Frequently Asked Questions¶
- My sentry is running at example.com:9000 but whenever I visit it I get redirected to example.com
- You likely have not correctly configured SENTRY_URL_PREFIX. See Configuration for more information.
- AJAX requests do not seem to work properly
- It’s likely you have not correctly configured SENTRY_URL_PREFIX, so you’re hitting CORS issues. . See Configuration for more information.
- The client reports success (200 OK) but I don’t see events
- Something is misconfigured. A 200 OK from the API means “I have validated and enqueued this event”, so the first thing you should check is your workers.
- Counts on events aren’t increasing
- Counts are incremented in bulk asyncrhonously utilizing the buffer and queue subsystems. Check your configuration on those.
How do I¶
- ... script the Sentry installation to bootstrap things like projects and users?
Sentry is a simple Django (Python) application that runs using a utility runner. A script that creates a project and default user might look something like this:
# Bootstrap the Sentry environment from sentry.utils.runner import configure configure() # Do something crazy from sentry.models import Team, Project, ProjectKey, User, Organization user = User() user.username = 'admin' user.email = 'admin@localhost' user.is_superuser = True user.set_password('admin') user.save() organization = Organization() organization.name = 'MyOrg' organization.owner = user organization.save() team = Team() team.name = 'Sentry' team.organization = organization team.save() project = Project() project.team = team project.name = 'Default' project.organization = organization project.save() key = ProjectKey.objects.filter(project=project) print 'SENTRY_DSN = "%s"' % (key.get_dsn(),)